2 of our fellow RX ppl here don't think i know what i'm talking about

both of you know who you are

the RX-8 will only go 140 down hill

and the FD will trash an RX-8 all day long .........that is all
Old 01-17-06, 09:03 AM
Trees Don't Like Me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lol, you can't possibly be serious.

For those who care to engage, this guy tried to tell me that the 8 won't go 140 mph. I politely corrected him and explained that not only will it go 140, but it has been clocked at at least 151 and I've personally driven 135 with room to spare.

Being the incredibly smart man that he is, he didn't believe me. Hmm... why would I lie about this?? And why would you second guess an 8 owner about their own car's capabilities?? Anyone from the cruise care to chime in?

Somehow, he morphed the conversation into an RX7 vs. RX8 issue, when no other party involved ever claimed such a statement. I have never said, and will not say, that the RX8 will "trash" the FD. Those who know me understand this.

Let me know when you buy your 8 and then we'll talk about what it can and cannot do.

And for those who have nothing to do, I have the transcripts from the AIM conversation last night. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll gladly pass them on.
Old 01-17-06, 09:04 AM

but the 8 has a warranty, and the 7 doesn't.
Old 01-17-06, 09:30 AM
Drive Yellow Live Strong

Originally Posted by Shawntx76
both of you know who you are

the RX-8 will only go 140 down hill

and the FD will trash an RX-8 all day long .........that is all
even my auto has crept up on 140 with ease, and your comment about the FD is hysterical, yeeesh, what a tool
Old 01-17-06, 09:39 AM

Dude your a tool. Shut up and quit post this crap. I have a FD and 4 FC's, and have driven the 8. Sure the FD is faster so what. That is not what you are arguing. And I have come to the conclusion you are a idiot. Leave Dazy alone. Post this crap at Rotaryrendezvous forum and see how bad you get made fun of. I think someone should take away your FD for being such a moron.
Old 01-17-06, 10:01 AM
"I wasnt boosting Right"

Originally Posted by boxrs4sale
but the 8 has a warranty, and the 7 doesn't.
Ah come on thats a low blow...lol

I dont know the top speed of a 8 but I do know the 7 is faster I think we can all agree on that... Right?
Old 01-17-06, 10:16 AM
Trees Don't Like Me

Originally Posted by Sneak
Ah come on thats a low blow...lol

I dont know the top speed of a 8 but I do know the 7 is faster I think we can all agree on that... Right?
I will agree to the fact that a stock FD is faster than a stock RX8. However, that wasn't what this guy was saying. His claim was that the RX8 could not go 140 mph and that is not true.

According to the stats, the top speed of a stock RX8 is 151 mph. I've read that some people have gone faster.
Old 01-17-06, 11:38 AM
What will I drive next?

Haha.

We owned this fool last night, and he gets owned again here.

No one claimed the 8 was faster than the FD, that was you making stuff up to sound good. His argument was that the 8 can't do 140 unless it takes all day or is going downhill, which is completely untrue.

Did you go and test drive an 8 like I told you? Quit trying to start **** until you know what you're talking about.

For the record, this guy also admitted that the reason he likes the FD so much is because it was the fastest car on Gran Turismo. What a tool.
Old 01-17-06, 11:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
awwwwwww come on dazy and tessai... you Know you WANT to post up the whole convo on here!!

-Greg
Old 01-17-06, 11:48 AM
Trees Don't Like Me

Lol, I admit... I'm having a hard time resisting, but I'm not THAT mean.
Old 01-17-06, 12:15 PM
Eats, Sleeps, Dreams Rotary

Received 1,447 Likes on 749 Posts
****, I did 135 in my 100K+ mile N/A FC last night. I've never driven an 8, but I'm 99.9% sure that one would smoke my little 80's car.
Old 01-17-06, 12:17 PM
What will I drive next?

I'm just waiting for his response to his own thread. Lets see if he dodges the issue again.

Wait, let me try and counter all of his arguments before he makes them.

Dazy knows the history of her car better than you do. Infact, she knows that there were RX-# cars before the "7".

No one cares that your '93 was a fast car. You wrecked it, its gone, it can no longer be used in an argument.

Stop talking about how your '94 is not a race car. We know. Race cars *run*.

Yes, the FD stock accelerates faster than the RX-8 stock. No one argued that fact.

Quit whining about how "old" your '94 is. It is one of the newest '7s on this predominantly-American board, especially when you're posting in the "South" section. I don't see many FB owners whining about how old their car is.

Did I miss anything, Dazy?
Old 01-17-06, 12:50 PM
Trees Don't Like Me

Originally Posted by Tessai
I'm just waiting for his response to his own thread. Lets see if he dodges the issue again.

Wait, let me try and counter all of his arguments before he makes them.

Dazy knows the history of her car better than you do. Infact, she knows that there were RX-# cars before the "7".

No one cares that your '93 was a fast car. You wrecked it, its gone, it can no longer be used in an argument.

Stop talking about how your '94 is not a race car. We know. Race cars *run*.

Yes, the FD stock accelerates faster than the RX-8 stock. No one argued that fact.

Quit whining about how "old" your '94 is. It is one of the newest '7s on this predominantly-American board, especially when you're posting in the "South" section. I don't see many FB owners whining about how old their car is.

Did I miss anything, Dazy?
You forget to mention how "stock" his 94 FD is and how he wants to "tailgate" me with it, not "race," but that it currently doesn't run at all and doesn't want to spend the money to fix it. I'd like to see how he figures that one out...

Other than that, you've covered the bases well. I am also looking forward to his response...
Old 01-17-06, 01:56 PM
Z06 powered FD

So how fast have you had that GSXR 6 up to?
Old 01-17-06, 01:59 PM
Drive Yellow Live Strong

I doubt this person will come back, they've already embarassed themselves way too much. I don't understand the whole purpose of arguing over stuff like this anyway, the 8 is a great car, the FD is a great car, can't we all just get along?
Old 01-17-06, 02:05 PM
There were no survivors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GsrSol
So how fast have you had that GSXR 6 up to?
Where the hell have you been, mike?
Old 01-17-06, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by rotaryinspired
Dude your a tool. Shut up and quit post this crap. I have a FD and 4 FC's, and have driven the 8. Sure the FD is faster so what. That is not what you are arguing. And I have come to the conclusion you are a idiot. Leave Dazy alone. Post this crap at Rotaryrendezvous forum and see how bad you get made fun of. I think someone should take away your FD for being such a moron.
Holy S*&T! someone is mad! hehehe anyways, all i can say is.... if an S5 NA can creep to 140, how much do u think it'll take to get an RX8 to get to 140? heck, i've had my S5 NA STOCK to 140 before... of course it's whining like a tick... but hey, RX8's has the Renesis Engine! i think it's WAY Better than a 15 year old 13B.

anyways, if noone wants to take his car... i'd be happy to have another 7... of course it'd be my first FD hhehehe (i know that's only a joke but someone has to reply, right?)

oh yeah, one more thing... LEAVE TESSAI AND DAZY ALONE!
Old 01-17-06, 11:45 PM
Cornbread

oh man...

cant tell you how many times i had to argue with people about this.

just read my sig and you'll understand why (and you'll realize i'm pretty good at stating the facts over myths, lol)
Old 01-18-06, 12:53 AM
Z06 powered FD

Originally Posted by EJayCe996
Where the hell have you been, mike?
Very freaking busy man. I'm gonna try and make it out to the meet in March but I'll have to wait and see how things go.
Old 01-18-06, 11:58 AM
Drive Yellow Live Strong

Originally Posted by Lookieme
oh man...

cant tell you how many times i had to argue with people about this.

just read my sig and you'll understand why (and you'll realize i'm pretty good at stating the facts over myths, lol)
so who's side are you on ? The Mspeed 6 is pretty sweet, but dang is the hood heavy! I just wish my nav had remote control....f-in Mazda lol
Old 01-18-06, 07:47 PM
Cornbread

i'm a big fan of all the RX's, but I "side" with the RX-8 when people dont know jack about it
Old 01-18-06, 11:03 PM
What will I drive next?

Wonder why Shawn hasn't replied back to this thread?
Old 01-19-06, 08:23 AM
Renesis Powered

-> <- 141 in the house! lol

I thought a good majority of sports cars (even compact cars / eco sport cars) could do 140?
Old 01-19-06, 10:41 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts
Wow, I never thought I'd see the day when the South Forum would get a whiney-butt thread....what's next? The classic "What do you think of this??" thread and he posts a pic of a purple car with a two foot high rear wing that vaguely resembles a 1985 RX-7??

Old 01-19-06, 10:55 AM
Drive Yellow Live Strong

Originally Posted by Lookieme
i'm a big fan of all the RX's, but I "side" with the RX-8 when people dont know jack about it
ditto, and I'm an 8 owner as well lol I love it when people talk smack about a car they've never driven, never owned, or never experienced. People do the same thing with EVO and STI all the time "ugh..that wing.." " stupid sedan" while all the while both of those cars are pretty awesome despite how they look etc. Guess there's one in every crowd.......oh and for the other poster...

"what do you think of these":
Attached Thumbnails 2 of our fellow RX ppl here don't think i know what i'm talking about-daytonatesting003.jpg   2 of our fellow RX ppl here don't think i know what i'm talking about-daytonatesting002.jpg   2 of our fellow RX ppl here don't think i know what i'm talking about-daytonatesting033.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2 of our fellow RX ppl here don't think i know what i'm talking about