SE RX-7 Forum Serving the Carolina's, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, and Tennessee.
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Date you would like to go out to Moroso
Sept.9 FRI Test N Tune 4:30PM-2AM
0%
Sept. 14 WED Test N Tune 4:30PM-2AM
0%
Sept. 16 FRI Midnight Madness 6:00PM -2AM
23.08%
Sept. 21 WED Test and Tune 4:30PM-2AM
15.38%
Sept. 23 FRI Night before Nopi 4:30PM-2AM
61.54%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

MOROSO Test and Tune/MIDNIGHT MADNESS

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-05, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MOROSO Test and Tune/MIDNIGHT MADNESS

Since gas prices are so high and no one wants to drive too far I'm thinkin 7s in the WPB area should meet up in Moroso for the Test and Tune. It's $15 to run in the track and $13 to watch. It's scheduled for Sept 16 from 6PM to 2AM or we can just go to the NOPI Nationals in Moroso on Sept 24th or 25th. Check their website http://www.morosomotorsportspark.com...te/Default.asp Let me know what you guys think.
Old 09-03-05, 08:13 AM
Mr. Goodwrench

Great idea, only one flaw. I've been to Midnight Madness a dozen times the last 2 years, and I found that if you want to run your car, it is WAAAY better to go on a regular Wed or Fri Test'n'tune. There are still many many nice cars, but the people are less, a little older, and a little more serious and professional. At Midnight Madness you get to wait in line for 6 hours surrounded by a bunch of idiot ricers, just to run one time. People's raggedy *** hondas are always breaking, messing up the track, causing a 1-2 hour delay. You do not get you're money's worth of runs, and waiting in line with hundreds or pathethic ricers drooling over and sometimes TOUCHING your car is not cool. If you like to drink, smoke weed, listen to weak *** music blasting from tweeters of pink/neon green hondas, and get 0 or 1 run after paying and waiting 3-4 hours, Midnight Madness might be ok. I hope if you go there, things are different and you get to run and enjoy yourself. Personally, if I have to drive 500 miles on drag radials with 1600 cc injectors, I want to be sure I can run at least 3-4 times.
Old 09-03-05, 02:55 PM

500 miles where the hell are you coming from North Carolina? Yeah you're right that midnight madness sucks *** sometimes specially when cars break down. That's why I posted different days the website address so people can pick. Sept. 16 is not set in stone we can always change it to what the majority of people going wants.
Old 09-03-05, 05:11 PM
Rotary Enthusiast

im in for a wednesday or friday night...around mid month sometime
Old 09-03-05, 05:28 PM
Committee Member #3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im down
Old 09-04-05, 07:40 AM
Mr. Goodwrench

LOL that's cool. Whenever you guys go, I go.
Old 09-04-05, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Outkast
Great idea, only one flaw. I've been to Midnight Madness a dozen times the last 2 years, and I found that if you want to run your car, it is WAAAY better to go on a regular Wed or Fri Test'n'tune. There are still many many nice cars, but the people are less, a little older, and a little more serious and professional. At Midnight Madness you get to wait in line for 6 hours surrounded by a bunch of idiot ricers, just to run one time. People's raggedy *** hondas are always breaking, messing up the track, causing a 1-2 hour delay. You do not get you're money's worth of runs, and waiting in line with hundreds or pathethic ricers drooling over and sometimes TOUCHING your car is not cool. If you like to drink, smoke weed, listen to weak *** music blasting from tweeters of pink/neon green hondas, and get 0 or 1 run after paying and waiting 3-4 hours, Midnight Madness might be ok. I hope if you go there, things are different and you get to run and enjoy yourself. Personally, if I have to drive 500 miles on drag radials with 1600 cc injectors, I want to be sure I can run at least 3-4 times.
I don't know what Midnight madness you were at? Everytime I go I get at least 5 passes. Once midnight rolls around the older crowd usually leave and thats when you get a bunch of passes in.

Midnight Madness with a bunch of RX-7 racing sounds like a good time to me.
Old 09-04-05, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by 93Efini
im in for a wednesday or friday night...around mid month sometime
Is your car going to be ready by then? that would be cool but wait dont you have to break it in frist?

Originally Posted by SilvioRX7
Midnight Madness with a bunch of RX-7 racing sounds like a good time to me.
So are you coming this time? It would be great to finally meet you. BTW do you know Carlos with the red FD? He works in the Port of Palm Beach too.
Old 09-04-05, 12:50 PM
Mr. Goodwrench

Thumbs up

It's full of ricers I tell ya!!! Glad you were able to run. I personally had several disappointing experiences due to crowds, long wait, few runs, and dumb dumb dumb ricers. Had a much better time running at test and tune. But it's cool, either way I'll go whenever everyone goes.
Old 09-04-05, 02:00 PM
raw vegan

i can definitely attend, being that it's afterhours.
Old 09-04-05, 02:18 PM

hahaha of course. make sure you get some race gas or some good octane booster before you race.
Old 09-04-05, 02:32 PM
raw vegan

ha ha
Old 09-04-05, 02:47 PM

oh yeah and leave behind anything you don't need for the sake of weight reduction. At least you have a figthing chance when we line up. hehehehe
Old 09-04-05, 02:56 PM
Rotary Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DGnizer
Is your car going to be ready by then? that would be cool but wait dont you have to break it in frist?
yeah i swapped the other engine in yesterday, just have to hook up a few lines, fill fluids, & relocate the battery...oh, the engine isnt rebuilt, just very low mileage
Old 09-04-05, 10:15 PM
Mr. Goodwrench

Yeah, why don't you get some 112 unleaded from Moroso? That way, I'll have a better chance of beating you again, hahaha. Since I'll be running 93 octane and a maximum boost of 10-13 psi, my Wife will probably run harder than me in her stock Syclone!
So when are we going????????????????

Quick Reply: MOROSO Test and Tune/MIDNIGHT MADNESS