West RX-7 Forum Serving California, Nevada, Arizona, Hawaii

BIG Meet. SoCal. May 31st. Chino Hills

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-09, 03:26 PM
Can Post Only in New Member Section

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BIG Meet. SoCal. May 31st. Chino Hills

Ok back on topic. May 31st, i have a BIG meet going on in Chino Hills CA, started off as a Supra meet but as time passed by i believe its escalating to a car meet in general. The title is still as a Supra meet though. Well I'm working on getting coverage for the meet, magazines. Met some dude who told me hed hook me up with magazine coverage from tuner and muscle types of magazines, which ones? idk i forgot what he mentioned. So ill be finding out within this week hopefully. Well anyways, this invite is going out to alot of forums. Inviting the Vipers, Z06's, GTR's, NSX's, 350z's, G35's, Lotus' and ofcourse over 30+ MKIV Supras are planned already.

Im also working with Lucilles BBQ and BJ's to get about 25% discount for the meet. Those are basically our two best options, therefore the ones im working with. I already have about 185 seats trying to get reserved for both places. I will post more updated info on this as we go.

So basically its a Meet, eat and then were all cruising to some canyons. Canyons are still to be setup, will be having the set canyon by the end of this week. So were inviting all you Vette peeps to come out and have fun. SO please if you can update me on who's coming, just chime in and let me know plz... I would like to have a head count, parking and food reasons

Date:31st of May
Time:11am-3PM- Cruise After
Place: 4665 Chino Hills Pkwy, Chino CA
Meet, EAT & Cruise

Supraforums
IggySupra
Jason
SupraJoey
Petru
bpusupra
Tony
JessSupra
Johnny
Bad4urHeart
boywiththeaznsmile
Boon
Patrick+1
DarkAngel (HKS twins)
supra400hptt
etgzj2 +1
Phil
junt
socalmk1
buckweed
JzPower&Associates
benchwarmer
CRS Dynamic
rmjdrift
ka0tic07
speedracer
Octavio-StarletGTT
Sam-gotpball
TOYMR2TRD
Miss_supra95
truc
Matt

Corvetteforum
RyneZ06
bahn112
2MMFZ06
Savior1974 +1
Keith N
alcgomez
c5chris
djgcue
djdinoe
Ed718
03redZ06

My350Z.com
John Bronze
350Z GTS
m0nkie
M6SXTZ
RRMikey
daniel723

Lotustalk.com
SleazyE
Lawy'du
POSSIBLY:
plastique999
esoteric
ZJchaser

RX7club

Update:

Im working with my boss, the engineer for the shopping center, to get about 200-250 parking spaces blocked off just for us that day. I have all the equipment in the office, i think.lol. Will check in with him probably today or tomorrow and will see all my supplies this weekend.

Also, im looking into security for the day of the meet. And so far the only think i can think of, depeding on the size of the meet, to get about 2-3 securitys. There will be 1 on site already, but trying to get 2 more. And depending on what i can work out, we might need about 3$ from each to cover the security, which will be reffered to as for "parking". Not fursure yet but but a good maybe. So i will keep u guys updated on how things will be getting worked out guys. And will find out who is covering(magazines) the meet by Monday.

Guys, this meet is almost everywhere.LOL. From Supraforums, to Viperalley, G35's, Lotustalk, Corvetteforum, everywhere. So if you guys can help putting the word out, any help will be appreciated.
Old 04-15-09, 04:26 PM

Daing you guys dont like taking your cars out or what? I met a dude named Juan this weekend, hes on here. Forgot what his user name is, but its like a 3 letter word. Hopefully he'll chime in so you guys can see its legit.
Old 04-15-09, 04:33 PM
The Great Dick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's always 2 legit 2 quit.

We just do want to sign up because we are not corvettes. Well most of us arn't

"So were inviting all you Vette peeps to come out and have fun"

Also try to proof read..
Old 04-15-09, 04:37 PM
Bann3d. I got OWNED!!!
Tenured Member 20 Years

Received 65 Likes on 22 Posts
All our cars are broken.
Old 04-15-09, 04:48 PM
1st-Class Engine Janitor

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Gee, I could take my Z... seeing as I could practically throw a rock from my backyard and hit the shopping center in question. If the wind was right.

Seeing as RX-7's aren't even mentioned in the post, it does sort of smell like pasta. Copy pasta.
Old 04-15-09, 08:36 PM

LMFAO it is pasted. BUT i made this for all the threads. I aint gonna write one for each forum, its on Supraforums, corvetteforum, lotustalk, viperalley, clubwrx, rx7club and on the NSX forums. Oh my350z.com too. So ill adjust it, but its a legit invite for you fools. So quit crying over that vette **** and bring your rides out.
Old 04-15-09, 08:38 PM

Wow, you cant edit the first post on here?
Old 04-15-09, 09:02 PM
Slowpoke

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by IggySupra
Met some dude who told me hed hook me up with magazine coverage from tuner and muscle types of magazines, which ones?

dude was probably bullshitting, i never take the word of someone who "has hook up"... unless they actually represent a company.
Old 04-15-09, 09:10 PM
The Great Dick

No one was crying.

You can only edit your post up to 30 minutes after posting.
Old 04-15-09, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Hypertek
dude was probably bullshitting, i never take the word of someone who "has hook up"... unless they actually represent a company.
Naa, i got his business card, talked to him for a good while. This fool had some prototype tires oh his ride. Prety much he explained everything.

I dont see why all this negaivity is coming out. Not even Supraforums which is full of kids is complaining. Im just trying to invite car enthusiasts to come out and have fun that day. Thats all.

Aiight late
Old 04-15-09, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by iLikeEatPoo
No one was crying.

You can only edit your post up to 30 minutes after posting.
Ahh thats gay. Owell i suppose.
Old 04-16-09, 05:47 AM
Jesse

sounds interesting...
Old 04-16-09, 09:44 AM
1st-Class Engine Janitor

It's not "crying" so much as people here like to be talked to, not talked at, I guess.

Just registering into our house, and then pasting up an invite aimed at "vette" people, and mentioning all these other car types, but with nothing said about -7's, it just seems kinda disrespectful, you know? Sorta spammish. Like you were just interested in upping the headcount, no matter what.

If the meet does come together, it might be interesting. And it's sure-enough close for me; engine might not even come down off fast idle before I got there.
Old 04-16-09, 11:46 AM
Driving RX7's since 1979

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
+1 on everything Divin said. If you're going to go on the RX7 forum to invite RX7 guys, it's pretty bush to not take a few moments and Edit out the Vette, etc reference. Just make a master of the posting in Word, then use the "Find" function to replace every instance of Vette with RX7. THEN Cut and Paste into the forum.

Anyway, this is in the brand new Lowes anchored shopping center. Lucilles is part of the shopping center and is seriously good Bar BQ. I should have my "Beast" all done by then, so might use this as a coming out party for her with my being a Chino Hills resident as well. A 11AM start time is good as that won't interfere with Church time.

I will say, the stated need for security does concern me a bit. If it's so big that security is needed, a city permit is something that might also be needed.
Old 04-16-09, 01:03 PM

Naa i get you guys, just that like i said, I had to register in like 6 different forums to invite you guys, so copy and paste had to be.LOL. Not trying to get a bigger headcount, just a sweeter meet, thats all. So this is a "legit" invite even if i fucked up on the vetter part uptop. So whoever wants to come have a chilled time, well keep the date in mind. And the way im arranging it, is throught the reserved parking, ppl will park with their type of cars, Supras with Supras, and Rx7's with Rx7's and so on... So keep the date in mind guys
Old 04-16-09, 01:38 PM
The Great Dick

Why is security needed? I didn't see honda's listed up there. Not sure if I can make the meet since it's too far down the road to tell at the moment. But I'll try to go. It would be a good break in for my motor. I doubt I'll join the cruise though.
Old 04-16-09, 01:57 PM
in rotation

invite the dudes from CL! clublexus.com/forums
Old 04-16-09, 03:13 PM
1st-Class Engine Janitor

Put me down for a "maybe." Will know better when it gets closer.
Old 04-16-09, 03:14 PM
Im a tall midget.

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 04-16-09, 03:33 PM
The Great Dick

Good meet! met a lot of interesting people!
Old 04-16-09, 05:15 PM
Im a tall midget.

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Good meet with good meat... Lucilles has some good food. Average price is about $20 with a drink so a discount will come in handy.
Old 04-16-09, 08:00 PM
s4 Pride

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'll stop by, I get out of class 12 noon, so I'll be there at about 12:30-1. But I'm not going on the cruise. Sorry, but this many cars are bound to attract some unwanted attention. Attention with authority, if you know what I mean.

Do you expect this to be a pretty good group of people? I don't want to come if I'm going to just get bashed for having a P.O.S. car (even though its true).

Why is security needed? I didn't see honda's listed up there.
I was actually thinking this too. Not to be overly generalizing people, but will there be any Integra or Civic clubs showing?

And yes, I admit that was pretty low of me to ask.
Old 04-16-09, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by wan
sup juan. Well heres the thread dude, now motivate your peeps.LOL..
Old 04-16-09, 09:43 PM

Why is security needed? I didn't see honda's listed up there. Not sure if I can make the meet since it's too far down the road to tell at the moment. But I'll try to go. It would be a good break in for my motor. I doubt I'll join the cruise though.
Well were all gonna head to eat at either Lucilles or BJ's. So if im not watching my car while im eating, someone has to. You gotta join the cruise. 15 Supras cruised up the canyons on my last meet, and only one got pulled over cause his registration stickers wernt on. But besides that, NO cop trouble. Plus my buddy with a 1000hp Supra is a cop, and hell be there to watch over us
Old 04-16-09, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Roy1928
invite the dudes from CL! clublexus.com/forums
You know what, thats a good idea. Ill sign up in a little bit. Almost forgot about those dudes. Went to one of their meets like 1 yr ago next to Knotts, and it was ******* sweet. Will do.

Quick Reply: BIG Meet. SoCal. May 31st. Chino Hills