SE RX-7 Forum Serving the Carolina's, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, and Tennessee.
Sponsored by:

Rebuilds, Central Florida?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-05, 01:21 AM
Here for the FAQs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rebuilds, Central Florida?

Alright, the Shop sticky is useless (Somebody really should clean it up), and I'm planning on rebuilding my engine. I'm looking for a good shop with reasonable prices that will do a rebuild with a slightly above mild street port. What have your experiences been? Just keep in mind I'm in Central Florida, and don't wish to be driving all over the state with an engine in the back of my truck (though I would make an exception for an exceptional shop). The Tampa, Orlando, even Jax area would be great.
Old 12-15-05, 01:39 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
i would go to kilo he is in kissimmee he has the worlds fastest all motor rx7 he can do miracles for you and a bonus that you have the engine off already
Old 12-15-05, 05:06 AM
Rotary Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i heard that kilo is the shizzle tambien but i also know my boy speaks highly of fuego racing also. he got a t2 street ort microtek to4 with fd upper i.m. and he said fuego did all the work and when there was a bug( something small) jose asked no questions just fixed so i guess that he means hes a good business man. they hAVve a feww but i would keep researching also
Old 12-15-05, 12:57 PM
silver ghost

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
FUEGO.. One of my friends just had his 13b rebuilt there. Excellent service . Car runs like new again. G
Old 12-15-05, 09:24 PM
87 T2

I second FUEGO I got my 13BTII rebuilt there about 6 months back car runs great he was also pretty fast at getting it done!!!
Old 12-15-05, 09:46 PM

I highly recommend Johnny Scognamillo. He has personally rebuilt several motors for me over the past 10 years and has been working on rotarys only for the past 15. I would be willing to bet he has the best prices in the orlando area, along with the most parts in stock. His porting abilities are phenomenal!! He's located in Sanford and his # is 407-587-6977.
Old 12-15-05, 10:06 PM
87 T2

my rebuild including porting was under $2000 I didnt need new housings or rotors but that included parts and labor he took the motor our rebuilt it and put it back in.
Old 12-20-05, 11:50 AM
BDC
BDC Motorsports

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
If you don't mind shipping it, have a look at my work.

http://bdc.cyberosity.com

B
Old 12-20-05, 01:00 PM
I brake boost

Just like the majority of people on here have said. Take it to Fuego Racing. Talk to Jose, he's the owner and he'll take good care of you. He built my engine, my brother's engine, and MANY of my personal friends.
Old 12-20-05, 01:07 PM

my 1st engine kilo build it and its still running strong i could recomend him good work 407-438-5467
Old 02-13-06, 11:13 AM
Avoid Fuego Racing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would stay away from Fuego!!! I took my car to him 3 weeks ago, he told me it would be done in 1 week, and that was just the beginning. I have a PRISTINE 3rd gen, it blew a coolant seal, but other than that it was PERFECT before Fuego. It was dyno tuned by Steve Kan and an amazing car, ask anyone who has seen it. I got it back on Fri, and the car no longer has any boost, he removed airpump and all the emmissions, without me asking him to, and did not even use block off plates, which is why I assume I have no boost. My car is loud and sounds like total crap. it won't start when it's warm. The AC no longer works. There is tons of vibration. It is loosing coolant. And the list goes on. This is all after it's 3 week visit to Fuego Racing.
Old 02-13-06, 01:09 PM
I brake boost

Originally Posted by Str8Down
I would stay away from Fuego!!! I took my car to him 3 weeks ago, he told me it would be done in 1 week, and that was just the beginning. I have a PRISTINE 3rd gen, it blew a coolant seal, but other than that it was PERFECT before Fuego. It was dyno tuned by Steve Kan and an amazing car, ask anyone who has seen it. I got it back on Fri, and the car no longer has any boost, he removed airpump and all the emmissions, without me asking him to, and did not even use block off plates, which is why I assume I have no boost. My car is loud and sounds like total crap. it won't start when it's warm. The AC no longer works. There is tons of vibration. It is loosing coolant. And the list goes on. This is all after it's 3 week visit to Fuego Racing.
Have you called Jose about it? He stands behind his work man, just talk to him and he'll take care of you.
Old 02-13-06, 01:51 PM
silver ghost

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That's odd. First I've heard of anything like that from him. I'm sure he will look at the car.
Old 02-13-06, 02:10 PM

Take it to Pettit in West Palm Beach
Old 02-13-06, 02:36 PM
Avoid Fuego Racing

I have called a million times, he never answers the phone or returns my messages. I have heard good things, well, mostly here, about him. I am told he will stand behind his work (if I ever get a hold of him) but it's a 2.5 hour drive. why even give me my car back in tha condition knowing I have to drive 2.5 hours BACK THER now to get it fixed right, if he can even fix it right.

I would take it to pettit, but they are too expensive, and now I have already paid Jose. He DEMANDED cash only, now I know why.
Old 02-13-06, 02:41 PM
FOR SALE

Fuego is the man.
My car had been sitting at mazsport for months with no progress. I finnaly got tired of waiting for a COMPRESSION TEST from them. I took it to jose (who had 2 other motors on the table) and he called me the same afternoon with the results. 2 days later I took him money for parts, he showed me what went wrong (warped rear apex seals) and asked if I wanted him to clean up the ports. the car was ready to go better than before in 8 days. Thats including a weekend. Gaby tuned the car to 352rwhp on stock twins.

P.S. Avoid Mazsport at all costs, Unless you have tons of money and a daily driver because your car is going to be down for A LONG TIME.
Old 02-13-06, 04:11 PM
I brake boost

I just got off the phone with Jose. Like I said.... If there's a problem call him directly and talk to him. He will guarantee his work. I guess you have a PFC and he removed the emissions stuff since you don't need it. He told me he'd put them back if you want them on the car. I guess another thing he mentioned to you that the car wouldn't be ready til Saturday but you came Friday while he was out of town most of the day. I saw your car out there that day while I was at the shop very briefly. You have a carbonfiber fender and altezza tail lights????
Old 02-13-06, 04:21 PM
Avoid Fuego Racing

No he said thurs that it woul be ready Fri. I told him I would come Fri or Sat.

I called him just now as well, and he seems very anxious to make it right, but my gripe is, if he is so good, why is it so wrong in the first place? You saw my laundry list of things that are wrong with it now.

If nothing else, he is bringing another car to a guy here in Jax this week, and offered to drive my car back and fix it, so I don't have to make the trip 2 more times, just once.

I will keep this thread updated as to if my car ends up being fixed correctly.
Old 02-13-06, 04:33 PM
Top Down and Naked...

Ok as you see i am new here and i'm just all over the place....lol But I have owned all gens of 7's and just got my 7th one a month ago and i like seeing what's out there and get an idea on how to go with my baby. So let me know if there are any meets here in Orlando.

P.S. can someone tell me how the hell you chat in here or do you just post and refresh all the time. holla at your to rx7club and where the hell is our yahoo chat room. Thank you very much
Old 02-13-06, 04:37 PM
Top Down and Naked...

By the way is jose still located behind Amigo's car lot?
Old 02-13-06, 05:34 PM
Rotary Enthusiast

Osterkraut; call Ron in Daytona, been doing rotarys for 25yrs. 386-295-7254, but right now I have an 89 in the shop for full rebild, and a 93 waiting. Im a retired mechanic, just do it to make a little $,,, but anyway call if I can be of help.
Old 02-14-06, 08:27 AM
I brake boost

You saw my laundry list of things that are wrong with it now.
What was the reason you took your car there in the first place? Jose told me the car is clean and with low miles, but the motor was all messed up. Who ever worked on it before had messed it all up.
Old 02-14-06, 08:49 AM
Avoid Fuego Racing

Popped water seal. Other than that the car ran PERFECT before, so I don't know what he means by all messed up. It was dyno tuned by Steve Kan and held a perfect boost 12-10-12 at 280RWHP.

As for the fender, it was temporary, until I am ready for a repaint, because the lip got messed up, since I didn't roll the fenders.
Old 02-14-06, 09:09 AM
Top Down and Naked...

Thanx for all the help guys. I would not had thought it would be like this. At the end of the day it's all good.
Old 02-16-06, 09:25 PM
Top Down and Naked...

Well I got in touch with Jose and he still there, Forgot I had one of his business card. He's done work for me on my last rx7 and I was very happy with the outcome. I'm taking him the one I just picked up this coming week.

Quick Reply: Rebuilds, Central Florida?